Saturday, March 8, 2014

Talent show.

When I stare at the black and white keys and look up at the music. Black dots here and there. Lines here and there, I scan over it one more time as I close it up.

"Time to go Max," my Mom said. Withought a word I got up and walked out the door. I didn't speak throughout most of the day. It was pretty normal untuil I walked outside for Lunch. I don't know why but it just happened. Sweat came pouring down my face. I wasn't even thinking about what I was going to do in 20 minutes. It just came.

I had a normal lunch and talked with my friends. Then, without going out for recess I went straight to the gym. I sat down at the piano in the middle. I stared at it and started to play. I didn't think about what I was doing my hand just went to the right keys. When I was finished, I heard applause. I looked around and saw e rest of the people in the talent show, and I smiled and thanked them.

As everyone that wasn't in the show was coming in. I started to pace back and forth. I also started to think to myself: why did I sign up for this. I'm going to fail. Everyone is going to hate me. Then I heard Ania's voice.

"Max, please sit down," I nodded and did as I was told.

Within seconds I heard my name.

"Up first we have Max, playing piano!" Crap, I thought, and started walking towards the piano. At that moment, I knew for a fact that I was going to fail. I sat down and forgot everything that I was told. I didn't take a deep breath, I didn't feel comfortable, and I wanted it to all stop. I played throught my song very fast and messed up about six times. I cursed in my head when I got to the end. I had to play the last measure like three times.

I hate it when I practice so well and then fail when it's supposed to sound good.

No comments:

Post a Comment