Sunday, March 2, 2014

Slice # 2/31

     


As I sit down to read a book called Half Brother I don't know whats in store for me, action? Love? Violence? My eyes glaze over as I stare down at the black shapes. Scanning fast through each word. I immerse myself into the paper and subconsciously imagine myself being sucked into a world of imagination. I like to imagine what the author was thinking when they wrote this book, because anything that they wanted to say, anything they want the character to do they could do that.

     That is the beauty of writing. Have you ever been reading a book and the person did this or that or if you wish that they didn't die or something. That is what you can do when you write, you can make anything you want to. 

     As I read I feel my face move. My eyebrows move down and up, and my mouth moves up down and then open. I get sucked into the world and I am in a 3d animation of everything. That is when you know a book is perfect for you. When you get sucked into it and you cant get out. My imagination kicks in as I think of how cool it would be to do what the person in my book does, how cool it would be to have what he has and want what he wants, how cool it would be to BE him. Then, reality kicks in and I remember that that is impossible.

     Then, I close the book and stand up, I am done. 

5 comments:

  1. I totally understand what you are talking about

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to write about writing and reading. I fully understand what you mean, and feel the same quite often. I love books that suck me in so much that retreating to reality is painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought about what the author thinks about while they write. Do they write about action after they watch the news? Dow they write about people starving them self if their hungry? Or do they just sit at there computer until they think of something to write about? I have read so many books wear I have to stop reading because I'm shaking and raving about how the author has made these characters my friends and then ruining there lives. Now, instead of thinking that characters are idiots that always make the wrong decision, I will wonder why the author wrote this and what they were thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being sucked into books and you described so well how it happens to you. I never thought about what the author thinks while writing before either. I wonder how that will change how I read?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great, I loved in the beginning how you gave me the feeling of being sucked in!

    ReplyDelete