Saturday, March 1, 2014

Slice # 1/31

         







My name is Max Van Sickle. I'm in 7th grade. I am studying Concept Cars for my unit. I obsess over Monkeys sometimes. I like sports like Basketball Soccer and Racquetball. 



When my brother lost his glasses lens we were in Fairplay Colorado.  My dad was an actor in a movie called broken fences we were in the middle of a field.  And there was a donkey in the field.

            We were walking around the field: my brother, my mom and myself. I was 5 years old, and my brother 7. My mom looked over at my brother and sighed.

"Jake you lost your glasses lens again" She said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," he said cowering a little

"I guess we have to find it," my mom said. That's when I chimed in.

"I'll find it, I'm the best, you call me eagle eyes," I said loudly (I used to have a very high ego). I saw my Mom smile which made me stand up straighter.

"Yes, yes I do"

"NO," my brother yelled " you call me eagle eyes too! I'm going to find it!" So it was settled it was a game for the prize of eagle eyes So we spread out and started looking. Back when I was five I had a short attention span so, for about 10 minutes I looked very hard and then suddenly I lost interest and started to walk over and see the donkey. While I was walking over I saw something shiny and clear I bent down and put it in my pocket. I thought it was a quarter but anyway, I kept walking to the donkey. I sat and stared at it for a very very long time, until my mom came over.

"Did you find it?" She asked.

"No, I said, but I did find a quarter!"

"Oh a quarter, that's cool, chat date was it made in?"

"I don't know," I said, but I took it out if my pocket and gave it to her. She looked at it and said.

"Max this isn't a quarter, it Jak-"

"Oo, is it a dollar! I'm going to find more to help you save up to get Jake another pair of glasses!"

2 comments:

  1. Nice story eagle eyes! I enjoy the sibling competition angle, the low attention span, and the humorous line at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, it made my day! I especially loved the humorous line at the end!!

    ReplyDelete