Monday, March 24, 2014

Elitches

"Hey, sir?" My mom asked. "Can my boys do this?" She said, pointing at the basketball hoop. This was a test bacically, if you can score six baskets in a row from where the guy puts you, and you get a big giant yoga ball covered in a sheet of any team logo you want.

"Sure," the guy said. He pointed at me,"you can go first." I walked up and took the ball he gave me. At the time, I was maybe five, I had taken some basketball lessons though. He didn't know that. He placed me at the layup zone. I took a shot. Swish. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. I focused on this one, my friends voice inside my head: no pressure! I positioned my hand right and let it go. I followed its track as it went right into the whole. Six. I turned to the guy standing there with his jaw dropped. He gave me a giant yoga ball and looked at my brother. He put him at the three pointer.

One. Two. Miss. Three. Miss. Four. Four out of six my brother got a regular sized basketball. I smiled and walked away.

6 comments:

  1. That is fun, I just really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like it was fun, and your slice flowed really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like it was really fun. I would never be able to do that, but I try every time I go. I bet Elitches makes a lot of money off of my brother and I. Once, My brother got a prize for spending the most money on a game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for beating your brother :) I like how you wrote the baskets in such a rapid fire manner. It really fit with the story you were telling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job :). That satisfaction in beating a sibling. Nice slice. I like how you described everything.

    ReplyDelete