Thursday, March 12, 2015

SOLSC 12

Every day I am forgotten. Every day I am remembered, used, moved, tied, taken off, thrown, put on, and every day I go to a new place.  I move, I walk, one in front of the other, I move across land, water, grass, sand, rocks, gravel, cement, and more things every day. Which day will I walk these surfaces, I do not know.
            Every day I stand, I don’t move, I walk, run, and jump, I fly, I am free.
            And then I get forgotten again. It is dark out now. Tomorrow I will be worn by whom I don’t know.
            Every day I get worn down more and more. One day I will be thrown out, never to be worn again. Never to be seen, but to be destroyed, taken apart used as scrap. But when will that day come? That day will be my end, that day I will be no more. But from the freedom of all the other days, I think I am ready for that day.
           

The life of a shoe.

4 comments:

  1. This turned out rather well! I find myself feeling sort of sad for my shoes, especially since they must know how much I dislike wearing them. I'll be nicer to them in the future, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool description. I like how accurate it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Super well-written, Nice Job. I wonder what my shoes think of me.

    ReplyDelete