Thursday, March 5, 2015

Slice #5 March 5th

    My mom leaned over to me:

    "Your up next," She said. "Either you just got third second or first or your just going to be a top ten." They were calling up winners in alphabetical order, they got certificates, and their picture taken, but third second and first place winners got gifts and certificates, pens, school supplies, a book signed by Dom Testa, and their picture taken.
    
     At the beginning of the announcements I heard:

     "Anderson, Dennis, Jones, Luther, Lucca, Micheals, Smith, and then my mom told me:

     "Your up next, either you just got third second or first or your just going to be a top ten."

     "And the third place winner out of 722 entries is!" My head collapsed into my hands I got top three! "Max Van Sickle!











3 comments:

  1. What was the tournament/competition? I'm glad you won it though! Or at least 3rd place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that the judges recognized your short story with 3rd place. It's a little nerve-wracking waiting to be told your "place" at an awards ceremony and you showed it very well!

    ReplyDelete