Tuesday, January 13, 2015

SOL # i have no idea

I walked into the black room my parents by my side I scanned the room. Some people looked familiar, but some people weren't there a month ago. I sat down at the yellow covered table. Still quiet, still embarrassed. I became aware of my whole body feeling out of place. I put my hands in my lap and waited for it to start.

An hour and a half later they called my name.

"Our third place winner for the 8th graders, Max Van Sickle with his story Down The Barrel." My cheeks went red as soon as these strangers started clapping for me. I stood up, smiling. I walked down between the table for towards the people holding the certificate and my prize. I kept my eyes a little to the left of her, I didn't want to look at anyone. I shook her hand and I felt a lot better.

1 comment: