Friday, January 24, 2014

SOL


The pencil glides across the paper. The world starts to get fuzzy, the only thing that I can see is a shape starting to take a form on my piece of paper. I can’t think about anything right now. I’m zoned out. The pencil seems like it has a mind of its own. I’m not thinking. The world seems like nothing. All of existence is gone. Leaving just me and this piece of paper. Me this piece of paper, and a face of some dude. All of that, for just a face of one dude on a piece of paper. How lame is that. I sat there staring at my fail. I just sat and watched it. Saying over and over again in my head: ‘a face of one dude’. Wow.

“Max time for dinner,” my brother said.
“Ok,” I said.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the opening sentence

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this particular SOL was challenging for you and I think the outcome is a great start to something that could become larger. This line especially is well done: "The world starts to get fuzzy, the only thing that I can see is a shape starting to take a form on my piece of paper."

    ReplyDelete