Friday, January 17, 2014

Slice of life # 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (it feels like)

"Here's the snap." "Long hail mary to the far left corner!" "Caught." "Touchdown Denver Broncos." "The Broncos are going to AFC championship."
"Yeah and they don't have to go far, it's gonna be right here."
"YES!" I yelled.
"Awww man," said James. "At least it was a quick death," I looked over and saw him smiling.
"It's just a silly game," I said.
"Not really."
"Yeah your right," I sat down to watch the commercials.
"Hey, you wanna play lazer tag?" He asked.
"Im good," I said as I immersed into the TV. I don't have a TV at my house so whenever I get a chance to watch I always take it. But whenever I tell anyone that I don't have a TV they say that it's good for me. I have always agreed with them. I mean it's just lights inside of a big box that is just plugged into the wall. It makes brain cells take up more energy so it basically makes your brains run out of every whole in your body. It doesn't make you think, and you also never really remember anything that you learn from TV. It's also addicting and I don't want to get addicted.
"Actually, sure," I said. I'll play lazer tag."

2 comments:

  1. Thats cool but I am no football expert! Which game is this? Broncos VS Chargers?

    I liked the first little section where you were writing what the announcer said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the structure of this slice very interesting, starting with a rapid fire dialogue and then morphing into your inner, calmer dialogue. As someone without a TV I can totally understand your feelings (plus, I just got done watching the Bronco game on a friend's TV so am really in tune with this post).

    ReplyDelete