Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Ode to my bed

Every night I lie there sleeping
When the peace is destroyed
By this godawful beeping
I don't know how or why
Don't you see
What kind of person would set that thing?
Probably me

Even though my peace was destroyed
I owe that peace to you
Even though of my sleep I was betrayed
I owe that sleep to you

Oh what I would do without your wonderful mattress
I would probably sleep on some wood
But to another world you give me access
Every night I lie their peaceful but I look dead
To this I owe the Ode to you my dear bed.


4 comments:

  1. i like this... I can totally relate..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem! The first three lines are my favorite, though I also love the second stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the rhyming in this somewhat poem, the rhythm is a little off though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my bed. I don't think I could have a good night sleep without it. I also like the rhyming.

    ReplyDelete