Tuesday, February 24, 2015

SOL #1 (March 1st)

    Being forced to go shopping with your parents sucks. I would rather be at home, listening to music, drawing, I can't believe I'm saying this but I would actually prefer homework. Sitting in the car, listening to NPR because

    "It's my car, you can't play music, I get to decide what plays!" Burning up because "No, you can't have air conditioning, its my car!" or "No you cant roll down the window because it goes around the back and hits me instead, and because it's my car!"

    I guess there is a fun part to it,

   "Hey, can uh, can we stop by McDonalds?"

   "Sure honey!" Just kidding it's more like "No! Its my car, you can't eat in here, and no you don't need extra calories.!" Also, in the store, buying groceries:

      "Hey, can I get some sun glasses?"

      "No! Its my...."

     "Its not your car."

     "Well, no."

     God, It's going to be fun when I get my own car

8 comments:

  1. I'd enjoy a car but I find grocery shopping fun because my mom often agrees with what I think we should get and then I have some say. However I would rather be listening to music as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I hate it when you are in the car, then your parent has a call and misses the snack place. Or just says, "No eating in my car!" This's a cool SOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fact that you brought "no it's my car" part throughout the slice. I also hate when we pass Starbucks and we don't go there. even we I clearly state that we should stop by there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me so much of my mom. Nice Slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit the nail on the head with that slice. Captured what it feels like to be the kid in the car, even if you're barely a kid anymore. It might be interesting to write it from your parent's perspective when you do get your own car and you drive them somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting slice, my parents do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete